The History of the Ocean Ice Palace
Dr. Leon J. Dwulet built the Ocean Ice Palace in 1962. His vision was to provide skating and hockey development opportunities for the youth of Ocean and Monmouth Counties. The Dwulet family has owned and operated the Ocean Ice Palace and Ocean Hockey Supply continuously for the last fifty years, and it’s currently owned by Dr. Dwulet’s daughter and managed by her daughter & son in law, Andrew & Raven Barten.The Ocean Ice Palace is the home to Ocean Hockey Supply Pro-Shop. Our Pro-Shop carries a variety of models, colors, sizes and brand name products. Special make up orders are available as well. Ocean Hockey Supply proudly offers the best hockey products available.
It is the primary goal of this school to teach young players the basic skills of the sport while creating an atmosphere that is enjoyable and rewarding. The staff feels they can provide a high standard of instruction and develop a network of drills that inspire the camp participants to work hard and learn while having a positive and enjoyable experience.
2021 Ocean Hockey Academy Powered By Tomorrow’s Ice
July 12-15, 2021 – OHA Camp week #1
Mon-Wed 8am-4pm Thurs 8am-12pm
Aug 9-13, 2021 OHA Camp Week #2
Mon-Wed 8am-4pm Thurs 8am-12pm
Fee: $425 Player $385 Goalie
Register FOR BOTH WEEKS AND RECEIVE $150 DISCOUNT OFF WEEK 2!! Use Promo Code: TWOWEEKS at Checkout.
Ocean Hockey Academy with Tomorrow’s Ice must dismiss every camper to his or her designated adult, so therefore, we cannot let your child go with anyone other than yourself without written notification.
In addition, Camp employees are not available for extended day supervision of any camper after 4:30.
Parents are welcome to pick up your son or daughter early. Please let us know in the morning if this will be the case so your child will be ready for you.
Commonly asked questions:
1. What is for lunch? Players should plan to either pack their own lunch and bring any snacks/drinks they would like to have throughout the day or they may purchase a lunch on site at the Ocean Ice Palace Concession Stand. Attached is a lunch order form. This may be filled out and brought to the rink each day with money for lunch or this process can be done at drop-off in the morning.
2. Will there be assistance dressing the younger players? We have coaches and counselors assigned to the dressing rooms and will assist any player who needs help with equipment and skate tying.
3. Snack and Water? We provide coolers of bottled water on site all day for the players. If your son or daughter has any food allergies, please provide your own snacks and we are happy to store them in a safe place all week. Snacks may also be purchased from the Ocean Ice Palace Concession Stand.
4. How should the players dress and what happens with their gear? Players should come dressed in shorts, t-shirts, and sneakers. For or co-ed camp weeks, we will have a locker room assigned exclusive for any girl players who are with us during the week.
5. Are portable electronics allowed at the rink? Yes, however we assume no responsibility should they be lost or stolen and should there be any issue with friends disagreeing over the use of these electronics, we will consider confiscating for the week or asking the kids not to bring them back the remainder of the week. We also fully expect that all players will honor each others’ privacy and only use devices in an appropriate way. Should we find anyone unable to meet these expectations, will be addressed immediately and accordingly to involve parental consultation and consideration for camp dismissal (we’ve had no issues with them in past years at camp).
6. In case of emergency? The safety of players attending our camps is a top priority, therefore we staff all our camps with American Red Cross CPR?AED Certified and First Aide for the Professional Rescuer trained. Please check in all medications with nurse prior to the start of each session. Please reach out to the office directly should there be conditions or circumstances you feel you would like to inform her of in confidence having to do with your child’s medical needs/awareness.
Thanks again for choosing to spend the week with us. We are looking forward to another awesome week of hockey, learning, and fun! Feel free to give me a call personally if you have any questions.
**We may post pictures and videos from camp on Instagram and Facebook from time to time throughout the week. If you are interested in following us we are on Instagram @oceanicepalace and/or you can like us on Facebook facebook.com/OceanIcePalace