Ice Skating Lessons in NJ
When it comes to winter activities, it’s hard to forget about ice skating—feeling your feet flow smoothly over the ice, bringing you back to some of the best childhood winter memories. Why not give your children the chance to learn to skate with ice skating lessons in Brick, NJ?
Ice skating is a full body activity that promotes physical fitness and health, while emphasizing grace and coordination. It builds whole-body strength, with a particular focus on the core and legs, helping kids stay healthy and strong. It can also act as a safe after-school activity, providing children with a place to connect with peers that share their interests, fostering strong community connections.
Why Ice Skating?
There are a number of reasons why ice skating is a great alternative to other common after school activities, such as soccer, track, or basketball. Ice skating:
- Is low-impact and easy on your joints. Kids who might not be able to tolerate other activities because of bad joints may succeed with the easy motions of ice skating and be able to build a whole body strength that they might otherwise have difficulty achieving.
- Relies upon utilizing stabilizer muscles that we don’t otherwise frequently use. By building the strength of these muscles, you develop better posture, grace, and coordination, both on and off the ice.
- Is aerobic and burns calories in a healthy way, encouraging kids to find a healthy balance between activity and sedentary pursuits.
Why Ocean Ice Palace?
Opting for ice skating lessons at the Ocean Ice Palace allows you to support the local community, work with local coaches and ice skating experts, and ensures that you’re getting the very best lessons in Brick, NJ.
We offer group, private, and semi-private lessons to kids of all ages, depending on their experience level. You can choose a package based on your child’s interest level and your budget.
Preparing for Your Lesson
Prepare for your lesson by wearing light, warm layers. Often, the rink feels cold when you first step onto the ice, but as we get moving, you can feel overheated. Gloves are always needed. Our Proshop does rent skates, but if your child is serious about skating, we recommend buying your own.
Snow Plow Sam 1-3
Snow Plow Sam teaches everything from learning to sit and stand on ice skates while on and off the ice, marching in place, forward skating & backward wiggles.
Basic teaches students the fundamentals of skating after they have completed Snow Plow Sam. Forward two-foot glides, Backward swizzles, Backward crossovers, forward lunge and eventually the Waltz jump.
$42/Private $26/Semi-Private (up to 3 students)
Sat/Sun Sessions Available
*Class Fee Includes 30 Minutes of Instruction on Full Ice, One on One Instruction, Skate Rentals if Needed. Available for children ages 3+
- ALL LEARN TO SKATE CLASSES INCLUDE SKATE RENTALS & THIRTY (30) MINUTES OF INSTRUCTION.
LEARN TO SKATE SESSIONS ARE SIX (6) WEEKS | $124
PLEASE DRESS WARM!
SNOW PANTS FOR TOTS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED.
- All Lesson Packages are Six (6) Weeks $124
We do not offer makeup clinics for missed or cancelled classes.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at 732.477.4411 or email us at Info@OceanIcePalace.com